16.2.09

new discoveries and confessions

first of all I hope everyone had a wonderful V day!!! We definitely enjoyed it! We saw the movie "Taken". The action parts were amazing! We just weren't so impressed with the indecent women! I am warning you all, so proceed with caution.:)
Numero uno-I really DISLIKE scrapbooking. I love doing little crafts, but I've decided scrapbooking has never been for me. For the longest time I have been lying to myself about how much I LOVE to do it! Maybe the reason for this is every woman I know loves to scrapbook-maybe I was trying to conform. I don't know, but I really just don't like it. I like doing other crafts, but scrapbooking just is NOT intriguing to me. So I've decided to give it up...at least for the scissors, paper, gluesticks, tags, colorful pens part; but maybe online scrapbooking will be a different story! I like to blog and it's becoming more and more appealing to just make it my personal scrapbook. it's the perfect way to scrapbook without the headache, the mess and the tiny fingers, (emma of course) that I can't keep out of anything! Because I have decided to give it up. I feel as though I am gaining a lot of good for myself. I've had this dark cloud lingering over me because I haven't scrapbooked any of emma's things yet, but I'm learning there are other fun ways to put together keepsakes. I can finally let go of this guilt! YAY...he-he, ha-ha
#2. So the Schows recently filled me in on something! Does anyone know what G.O.L.F. stands for?
Gentlemen Only:Ladies Forbidden
Interesting Eh? Maybe I'm slow, but this is new to me. Now everytime I see a man golfing I will be thinking that he is sexist! HAHA just kidding
anyway....
3.I don't hate the cold as much as I thought. I know I constantly complain about it to everyone, but I am going to stop doing so. This winter really hasn't been that bad and it is making me warm up(ha-ha that's punny)to the idea of maybe living in rexburg someday.
four-(This really is a confession.) I feel ten times better when I get dressed everyday! Because I'm home all day just hangin out with Emma, I forget to take care of myself(oops). I know I'm not the only mother/woman that does this, so DON'T JUDGE ME(as daniel would say)!

4 comments:

Julia said...

I would have to say I agree with you on scrap booking. I am doing a video thing for Hannah's first year. I enjoy things like that more. I am thinking I may do a five year, ten year and so on.

Nicole said...

Hey I love the new set up!

Kassi said...

I HATE scrapbooking also! I lied to myself for a short time because I have a sister-in-law who loves it, but I finally just said enough is enough also and haven't looked back! I agree with your getting dressed thing too! I am stuck in this wear sweat pants or pj bottoms all day thing since the last couple months of my pregnancy and the other day I realized that I used to wear real clothes around the house and still could (as I am typing this I am in pj bottoms). I do shower and do my makeup and hair everyday and that makes me feel better too!
Anyway, sorry for the long comment, but I loved your post!

Gena said...

I'm right there with ya- hate scrapbooking... well, I just think it's so messy. I'm definitely into the online side of it.